Francia Raisa Almendarez is an American TV, movie actress, singer and dancer. She is popular for playing Adrian Lee in The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Ana Torres in Grown-ish, and Leti in Bring It On: All or Nothing.
Years active: 2004–present
Born age: July 26, 1988, 34 years old and 4 months, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Sun Sign: Leo
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Height: 5 Feet 3 Inches, 1.60 m
Measurements: 34-25-36 in, 86-64-91 cm
Bra size: 34C
Ethnicities: Honduran American , Latino
Early life and education
Francia Raisa was raised to a Mexican mother, Virginia Almendárez (née Pelayo) and Renán Almendárez Coello, a Honduran-born radio personality. A few years after Raisa was born, her father started using his new Latin radio personality, “El Cucuy”.
She has two sisters, Irlanda Raisa 29 years old and 2 months (born on September 20, 1993 as Irlanda Rubi Almendárez) and Italia Raisa 32 years old and 8 months (born on March 26, 1990 as Italia Renata Almendárez)
Debut movie: Bring It On: All or Nothing(2006)
Debut TV: Over There(2005)
Raisa began to take acting jobs in her junior year of high school, modeling for print ads and appearing in commercials. She guest-starred in the sitcoms American Family: Journey of Dreams and Over There. Raisa appeared in Lil’ Romeo‘s music video “My Girlfriend” as Tamy in 2004 and in Iyaz‘s music video “So Big”. A month into her senior year, she booked one of her first lead roles, starring opposite Hayden Panettiere in Bring It On: All or Nothing. She co-starred in the Nickelodeon movie Shredderman Rules, where she portrayed Isabel, and in The Cutting Edge: Chasing the Dream and The Cutting Edge: Fire and Ice as Alexandra Delgado. She played the role of Adrian Lee in the hit ABC Family drama, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, from its beginning in July 2008, until the series finale in early June 2013.
In 2009, Raisa guest-starred on the USA Network‘s TV series In Plain Sight and co-starred in a short film directed by David Henrie called Boo, which aired on YouTube. In 2013, Raisa starred in the Christmas-themed movie Christmas Bounty alongside Mike “The Miz” Mizanin.
From 2018 to 2022, Raisa starred in the Freeform show, Grown-ish, executive produced by Black-ish creator Kenya Barris. She starred in the show’s first four seasons, exiting upon the character’s graduation at the end of the fourth season. She also starred in Freeform’s 2018 television film, Life-Size 2, opposite Tyra Banks.
In May 2021, Raisa was cast in How I Met Your Mother spinoff series How I Met Your Father, which premiered on Hulu on January 18, 2022. In February 2022, the series was renewed for a 20-episode second season.
Hobbies: Ice skating, Dancing, Karate.
Favorite Actress: Elizabeth Hurley.
Favorite Singer: Rebecca Black.
Favorite Musician: Ed Sheeran.
Favorite Drinks: Red Sangria, White wine (She likes sweet wine which tastes like candy).
Favorite Foods: Burger, Tamales, Pizza.
She like Karaoke.
Favorite sports person: Shawn Michaels, retired professional wrestler.
Favorite Character: Carrie Bradshaw.
Facts and Trivia:
- Ancestry: Francia is of Honduran(Father) & Mexican(Mother) descent. Her father is among the most noted Latino DJs
- Cheerleader: She was a cheerleader when she was in Bishop Alemany High School.
- Francia’s acting career started when she was in junior year of high school with making appearances in commercials.
- Kidney donation: She is a friend of Selena Gomez, Selena suffers from Lupus- an autoimmune disease which affected her kidney. Francia donated a kidney to Selena in 2017.
- Francia: She is named after the kingdom Francia (France), her sisters- Italia, Irlanda are also named after the countries, it was her father’s idea.
- Raisa: Raisa, the middle name of Francia comes from Raisa Gorbacheva, the wife of Mikhail Gorbachev(Soviet leader).
- She was heart broken many times in high school.
- Francia’s mother owns a restaurant, Francia takes her celebrity friends like Canadian singer Justin Beiber, and Selena Gomez.
- She loves popping pimples
- Awards: She has received multiple nominations for her role in The Secret Life of the American Teenager at award events like- ALMA Awards, Gracie Allen Awards, Teen Choice Awards, Imagen Awards. She won the award at Gracie Allen Awards.
- Backstage magazine: She has appeared on the cover page of the magazine
- Dancing: Francia got into dancing as a kid, she has learnt various forms like- tap dance, jazz, acrobatics, hip-hop, Polynesian. She attends weekly dance classes.
- Philanthropy: She works with charities and organizations dealing with- Domestic violence, Hunger, Sex trafficking.
- Kim Kardashian: She has some resemblance with the American media personality, socialite, and businesswoman Kim Kardashian West & often gets confused with her.
- Both her sister Irlanda, Italia are into acting as well.
- Her must have winter accessories: Beanies, lipsticks, scarves
- She switched to a public school from Catholic school in order to have a flexible school timings where she could get to have more time at school.
- She often does her stunts herself.
- Unlikely Heroes: Awarded her in November 2017 for her help towards the victims of human trafficking.
- She likes hanging out with friends and family.
- She is into Yoga. Shavasana (corpse pose=sleeping) is her favorite apparently 🙂
- She has a dog named Roman Gatsby.
- She wants to do a movie which involves dancing and has a dark theme like Black Swan.
- Burlesque dancing has lately become her favorite dance form.
- She supported DACA, tweeted against the decision of president Donald Trump.
- She presented Selena Gomez – Billboard’s woman of the year 2017 award.
- ElloBella: a new style of dresses launched in 2015 by Francia Raisa
- She has her very own brands of Perfume, Vodka.
- Her grandmother ran away from a bad marriage to settle in the United States, where she raised Francia’s mother alone.
- I’m a really big flirt.
- Romantic scenes are really not awkward for me at all.
- I never watch my food, I love my burgers, I love my pizza, I work out a lot, so that balances out.
- I want to have kids some day.
- It is good for parents to bring up sex with their kids, because if you don’t bring it up, they’ll find out about it at school
- It’s so much fun when I’m half-dressed. It’s more uncomfortable for the men than it is for me
- Your parents are your best friends.
- My mom is my greatest role model.
- I miss being pregnant (about the pregnant role which grew on her)
- Whoever is going to settle down with me will be a very special patient man.
- I believe in paying it forward.
- Act like Audrey flirt like Marilyn
- Dreamers do not cause crime, and do not take jobs away from others.
- In order for an arrow to shoot forward you must first pull it back
- I’m learning that I have no problem giving but it’s really hard for me to receive
- I’m really proud of the woman I’m growing to be
- One of the benefits of growing older and wiser, you can smell bullshit right away
- Just because you forgive someone that doesn’t mean you have to trust them again.