Ye Shuhua is a Taiwanese singer, musician, model, and TV personality who is known for being a member of the South Korean multinational girl group, (G)I-dle, alongside the likes of Miyeon, Minnie, Soojin, Soyeon, and Yuqi. Formed by Cube Entertainment in 2018, the group debuted on May 2, 2018, with the EP titled I Am and has also accrued an impressive fan base on social media with more than 4 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than 800k followers on Twitter.
Year active 2018 – present
Born January 6, 2000, age 23 years old and 8 months, Taiwan
Sun Sign Capricorn
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Dark Brown
Height 5 ft 3 in, 1.61 m
Measurements 32-23-33 in / 81-58-84 cm
Bra size 32B
Ye Shuhua studied at Hwa Kang Arts School.
Siblings – Ye Shuhua has an older sister and younger sister.
- Lean body
- Gorgeous hair
As a member of (G)I-dle, Ye Shuhua has been one of the city’s goodwill ambassadors for Seoul Metropolitan City.
Moreover, she has also done endorsement work for Rising Star Cosmetics.
When she was young, watching actors on the TV made her thought of becoming a celebrity one day. She always told to her family members that she will be definitely on TV one day “If I ever was a star that was on TV, I’d be really happy, I’d be really happy~”. Thinking she was only a child, her family didn’t put that on mind. However, she took action. She practiced alone everyday, immersing in the imagination of audiences sitting in front of her while acting various situations.
K-Pop was the most popular song genre in Taiwan then. She got to know more about K-Pop as she interacted with her friends. Playing and dancing with her friends made her very happy. Though it was a little thing, but it was the thing which changed her dream of becoming an actor to becoming a singer. When she was in junior high school, she set her goal to went on the road of becoming a singer. By chance, she saw HyunA’s stage and become a fan instantly. She made the decision that she must become a singer one day.
With the beautiful dream of becoming a singer, she entered an art school. Singers and actors that she really like all studied in the department of theatricals, I thus went on the same road as they did. Watching videos while going to school, she often practices choreography she hasn’t learned before. One day her friend said “Let’s go to Cube’s Audition”. She went with them just out of curiosity but was then informed of being qualified. However, it wasn’t an easy decision for her of going abroad alone at such a young age but the thought of unwilling to be regretted was stronger than fears. In order to fulfill of her dreams, she decided to went to South Korea.
It wasn’t easy to begin her life in South Korea hadn’t gotten to the unfamiliar environment there, monthly evaluation, and lack of abilities gave her lots of pressures. She didn’t want to be left behind, so she stayed in the company to practice alone until midnight everyday. When being alone in the practice room, she could sing and dance freely, she could cry alone secretly when she felt sad and no one would know. The first time she told her perplexity to her members, they gave her lots of encouragements and went through lots of ups and downs with her. Now, she thanked herself a lot for not giving up then.
In June 2017, she participated in a promotional video for Rising Star Cosmetics along with Yuqi and Minnie, future members of (G)I-DLE.
2018–PRESENT: DEBUT WITH (G)I-DLE
On May 2, 2018, Shuhua debuted with (G)I-DLE with their mini-album I am and the title song “LATATA”.
Music_Video_Appearances” class=”mw-headline”>MUSIC VIDEO APPEARANCES
10cm “PET” (2017)
Ye Shuhua Facts
- She always aspired of becoming a superstar.
- Ever since she was a child, she used to tell her family members that one day, she will be on TV.
- It was in the year 2016 that Ye Shuhua auditioned for Cube Entertainment in Taiwan.
- Her friends influenced her towards k-pop when she was in school. That was also when she decided to pursue a career as a singer instead of pursuing a career in acting.
- (G)I-dle released its debut EP, I Am, in May 2018 via Cube Entertainment and the EP comprised of songs such as What’s in Your House?, Latata, and Don’t Text Me. Also, the extended play was ranked at number #5 in the US World albums (Billboard) weekly chart, at number #6 in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) weekly chart, and at number #10 in the Taiwanese Albums (Five Music) weekly chart.
- On July 31, 2019, (G)I-dle released its Japanese debut extended play, Latata, through Universal Music Japan and the EP included songs like Light My Fire, Latata, Hann (Alone), and For You. The EP was ranked at number #5 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
- Being a member of (G)I-dle, Ye Shuhua has been a part of several shows such as Queendom, (G)I-dle: Vlog in New York, and To Neverland.
- She has won many awards, like Asia Artist Awards, Gaon Chart Music Award, and Genie Music Award, as a member of (G)I-dle.
- Ye Shuhua is fluent in both Korean and Chinese.
- During her initial time as a trainee, she had to face certain problems, one of which was her inability to understand Korean.
- She enjoys acting as well as eating chocolates.
- One of the most prominent influences in her life has been South Korean singer-songwriter, rapper, and model, Hyuna.
- One of her past times includes watching dramas.
- Ye Shuhua does not like strawberries.
- She loves traveling to different places.
- She sleeps a lot.
- According to her (G)I-dle bandmate Soojin, her personality is 4D. Both Soojin and Ye Shuhua have also been roommates.