Stephanie Denise Kightley is an Australian model & activist. She uses her modelling career to spread awareness about topics like body positivity, animal cruelty & veganism. She best known For Being one of the most popular plus size Australian models. Her vocal and frank activism work aimed at making plus size models a part of mainstream fashion.
Years active 2009–present
Born June 14, 1993, 38 years and 0 months, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Sun Sign Gemini
Height 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
Hair Color Blonde
Eye Color Hazel
Measurements 38-28.5-40.5 in or 96.5-72.5-103 cm
Bra size 34D
Stefania Ferrario went to the Telopea Park School.
However, as she started modeling at a young age, it is not known whether she completed her school education.
Ferrario was born in Canberra, Australia to an Italian mother and English father. She is currently the face of a lingerie line by Dita Von Teese for Australian department store Myer, and has previously worked with Gok Wan for Target (Australia) and other Australian brands such as Sportsgirl, City Chic, Bras N Things and Berlei, overseas she has worked for Italian stores Fiorella Rubino, Flow clothing in Malaysia and Swimsuits For All.
In 2012 Ferrario shaved her hair off to raise money and awareness for cancer, alopecia and trichotillomania. She then grabbed the attention of fashion photographer Peter Coulson who photographed Ferrario for his book In My Pants, a charitable publication to raise money and awareness for cancer and the Cancer Council (Australia).
In February 2015, Ferrario started a campaign with television presenter Ajay Rochester to end the use of the term “plus size” to describe models who are above a US dress size 4 by the modelling industry. Ferrario posted a picture with the caption “I am a model FULL STOP” with the hashtag “#droptheplus” which gained coverage in the media and was heavily discussed, with mixed, but mostly positive reactions, on social media and within the fashion industry.
In 2017 Stefania was amongst the four faces of Melbourne Fashion Week.
In an interview with Fuse magazine, Ferrario stated that she is tri-lingual, speaking English, French and Italian and identifies herself as bisexual.
Ferrario is a vegan and describes herself as an “animal activist”, telling another animal activist she had been vegan since 1st January 2020 and that she wishes she had done it sooner. Later that year, she tweeted “If you’re against animal cruelty why are you paying for it on a daily basis? Go vegan!” She has a highlights section on her Instagram for all posts about vegan food and discussion and created a YouTube video showing the food she would eat on a normal day and the vegan food she bought that day.
Stefania has been cast in a promotional campaign for Target.
She was also made the face of a lingerie line created by American Burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese. The lingerie line was sold by Australian department store Myer.
In 2017, she was hired as an ambassador of the Melbourne Fashion Week. She was one of the 4 models selected for the role.
- Father – Russell Kightley
- Mother – Lilia Ferrario
- Siblings – Zoe Kightley (Younger Sister)
She is of Italian origin on her mother’s side, whereas, on her father’s side, she is of English descent.
- Androgynous looks
- Short cropped hairdo
Stefania is yet to make an appearance in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
She hasn’t acted in a TV show yet.
Stefania Ferrario’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Stefania Ferrario Favorite Things
- Biggest Influences – Amber Rose and Dita Von Teese
- Role Models – Erika Linder (Swedish model), Andreja Pejic (Australian transgender model)
Stefania Ferrario Facts
- After she was made the face of Melbourne Fashion Week in 2017, Stefania became the first model of over an Australian size 10 to be selected as an ambassador for a fashion week.
- She has got both her nipples pierced.
- She got her signature look (bleached buzz cut) in 2012 after taking inspiration from Keira Knightley/a>‘s movie.
- Stefania got her modeling breakthrough in 2013 after she was selected by British fashion consultant Gok Wan to head modeling campaign for Target.
- She was first signed up at the age of 16 by a local modeling agency after they discovered her on social media, thanks to her immense popularity on social media.
- While growing up, she was a competitive swimmer but later got fed up of training 16 hours a week and decided to quit.
- She always wanted to become a model and in her teen years, she used to conduct her own photo shoots at her home.
- In 2017, the adult dating website Red Hot Pie declared her as the Sexiest Australian of the Year.
- In 2016, she launched and heavily promoted the #droptheplus campaign through which she urged fashion and modeling industry to drop plus size label, which is often used for models with dress size above 4 (US).
- She collaborated with fashion photographer Peter Coulson for his In My Pants book, which was a special publication that aimed to spread awareness and raise funds for cancer and the Cancer Council (Australia).
- In 2012, she decided to shave off her hair to spread awareness about alopecia, trichotillomania, and cancer. She also worked to raise funds for these causes.
- She is multilingual with English being her first language and French and Italian as her secondary languages.
- She had to struggle quite a lot at the start of her modeling career as she was too big for the conventional modeling standards.
- She loves drawing and writing poems and stories in her spare time.
- Stefania Ferrario Wins ‘The PWI Most Beautiful Woman In The World’ Award 2020