Eve Hewson born Memphis Eve Sunny Day Hewson, is an Irish actress. Her first major role was in the drama film This Must Be the Place (2011). She played Nurse Lucy Elkins in Steven Soderbergh TV series The Knick (2014–2015) and won critical acclaim for her starring role of Maid Marian in the 2018 action-adventure film “Robin Hood”.
Years active 2008–present
Born: 7 July, 1991, 29 years and 0 months, Dublin, Ireland
Hair Color Dark Brown
Eye Color Green
Height 5′ 1 feets – 1.55 m
Bra size 34B
Hewson was born in Dublin, the second daughter of activist Ali Hewson (nee Alison Stewart) and U2 lead singer Bono (Paul David Hewson). She was named after being born at 7am on 7 July, as eve is the middle of the word seven. She has an older sister, Jordan, and two younger brothers, Elijah and John. She was educated at the Dalkey School Project and St. Andrew College in Dublin and New York University. The U2 song Kite was inspired by a moment when Bono took a kite up on Killiney Hill with Hewson and her sister, but the kite blew off and smashed.
Although Hewson parents were against her performing, she made her acting debut in 2005 alongside her sister Jordan in the short film Lost and Found. She made her feature-length debut in 2008 in The 27 Club. The same year, Hewson took part in an acting programme at the New York Film Academy. In 2010, she appeared when she was just 14, in the music video and accompanying short film for Irish band The Script song For the First Time.
Although, her professional debut was in 2008 with 2008 Erica Dunton directed drama movie “The 27 Club” as Stella.
In 2011, she gained further attention as an actress for her role in Paolo Sorrentino, the comedy and drama movie This Must Be the Place, alongside Sean Penn and Frances McDormand.
She portrayed Yvonne in the 2013 thriller film Blood Ties. In July 2013, Jack Quaid of The Hunger Games and Hewson asked fans to help them fund a new film called Roadies using crowdsourcing. In September that year, she appeared in the romantic comedy film Enough Said as the daughter of James Gandolfini character Albert. In November 2013, she was nominated for the Tatler Irish Woman of the Year Award for her work in films.
From 2014 to 2015, she co-starred in Steven Soderbergh Cinemax TV series The Knick.
In October, 2015 she stars as Carol Donovan in Steven Spielberg Cold War movie Bridge of Spies. Her character is daughter to the main character of the movie, played by Tom Hanks.
She is set to appear as Maid Marian in the Otto Bathurst version of Robin Hood set for release in November 2018. Taron Egerton, Jamie Foxx and Jamie Dornan are set to co-star.
Hewson lives in Brooklyn, New York. She received her degree from New York University on 22 May 2013; her father, Bono, turned down the offer of an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters on the same day.
Things to Know About Bono Actress Daughter Eve Hewson
– You’ve definitely heard of U2 but you might not know that Bono has a 22-year-old actress daughter named Eve Hewson. She dabbled in acting over the last few years and most recently starred alongside the late James Gandolfini in his last film,
1. Bono and wife Ali Hewson chose her name because she was born on July 7 at 7 — and eve is the middle of the word seven.
2. She a recent NYU grad. She received her degree in May of this year. Her dad turned down an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree the same day.
3. Eve parents originally didn’t want her to act. Both my parents were against [acting], she said in a recent interview. It because they know that world and it really hard. … The rejection is awful, the competition is terrifying and you’re constantly up and down. They were like, ‘No, no, no, please, no!’ I had to really fight for it.
4. She has three siblings: older sister Jordan and younger brothers Elijah Bob Patricus Guggi Q and John Abraham.
5. She dating One Tree Hill star James Lafferty. The two reportedly met in 2007 while filming The 27 Club and started dating years later. As of this Valentine Day, the two were still an item.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?