Emma-Louise Corrin is an English actor. She is known for portraying Diana, Princess of Wales, in the fourth season of the Netflix period drama programme The Crown. For her performance on the show, she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama
Years active 2017–present
Born Decempber 13, 1995, 25 years and 7 months, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, United Kingdom
Sun Sign Sagittarius
Height 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
Hair Color Dark Brown. She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
Eye Color Blue
Measurements 33-24-33 inches – 84-61-84 cm
Bra size 33B
She went to the renowned private school Woldingham in Surrey. She then took a gap year, during which she took a Shakespeare course at LAMDA and served as a volunteer teacher at a school in Knysna in South Africa.
After that, she studied Education with English and Drama at St John’s College of the University of Cambridge from 2015 to 2018, where she acted in numerous productions of the Cambridge University Amateur Dramatic Club which is one of the oldest and most reputable student drama societies in the United Kingdom.
- Father – Chris Corrin (Businessman)
- Mother – Dr. Juliette Corrin (Leading Speech and Language Therapist)
- Siblings – Richard (Younger Brother), Jonty (Younger Brother)
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
She is of British descent on her father’s side of the family and of South African descent on her mother’s side.
- Sharp features
- Defined jawline
Life and acting career
Emma-Louise Corrin was born on 13 December 1995 in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Her father, Chris Corrin, is a businessman and her mother, Juliette Corrin, is a speech therapist from South Africa. She has two younger brothers, Richard and Jonty. Her family is based in Seal, Kent, near Sevenoaks.
Corrin attended the Roman Catholic Woldingham School in Surrey, an all-girl boarding school where she developed her interest in acting and dance. She took a gap year, during which she took a Shakespeare course at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and volunteered as a teacher at a school in Knysna, South Africa. She studied drama at the University of Bristol, but left to study Education, English, Drama and the Arts at St John’s College, Cambridge from 2015 to 2018.
In July 2021, Corrin came out as queer, and declared that she uses the pronouns she/they.
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Nike.
Emma Corrin Favorite Things
- Close Friend – Harry Styles, the two having shared the same stylist.
Emma Corrin Facts
- Aside from acting, she has also done some modeling work in the past.
- She was chosen to essay the role of Princess Diana after more than 9 months of practice reads on set.
- Emma figured out the particular word that unlocked the late Princess’s high-class drawl, that was the word “alright”. She noticed that Lady Di would go down at the end of every sentence that used to make her sound sad. From meeting with her secretary to watching a documentary on her life more than a hundred times, Emma did thorough research in order to prepare for her part as Lady Diana Spencer.
- Emma has recalled that during shooting when she had first walked out in a recreation of the romantic wedding dress worn by Diana, Princess of Wales, the entire cast and crew of The Crown had fallen silent as if reincarnation was being witnessed, and when they had finally begun to speak, it was in whispers. She has disclosed that it was incredible due to the significance of what she was wearing but the effect it had on everybody present in the room and the deep reverence that was created had been quite a terrifying experience for her.
- Emma is asthmatic.
- Harry Styles once took care of Emma’s dog when she was attending a business dinner.
- In 2021, she won the Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Drama” and the Critics Choice Award in the “Best Actress in a Drama Series” category for her role in The Crown.