Danna Paola Known For Her acting in telenovelas and series such as María Belén (2001), Pablo y Andrea (2005), Atrévete a Soñar (2009-2010), and Élite. Releasing popular albums like Mi Globo Azul (2001), Danna Paola (2012), and Sie7e (2019). Her performances in the theatre musical Wicked from 2013 to 2015
Born Name: Danna Paola Rivera Munguía
Nick Name: DP
Occupation: Actress, Singer, Model, Fashion Designer
Years active: 1999
Born: June 23, 1995, 25, Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Sun Sign: Cancer
Height: 5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
Hair Color: Light Brown
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Measurements: 33-23-32 inches / 84-58-81 cm
Bra size: 34A
Genre Latin Pop, Latin Ballad, Electropop, Pop
Instruments Guitar, Vocals, Piano
Labels Universal Music Group (Mexico)
Due to such an early start to her acting and music career, Danna was homeschooled for most of her life
Father – Juan José Rivera Arellano (Former Singer)
Mother – Patricia Munguía
Siblings – Vania Rivera Munguía (Older Sister)
Biography and artistic career
1995-2003: early years and beginnings of his artistic career
Danna Paola was born on June 23 , 1995 in Mexico City . She is the daughter of Juan José Rivera, Mexican singer, former member of Grupo Ciclón y Los Caminantes and Patricia Munguía. He completed his distance education studies in the Social Sciences modality. He has an older sister named Vania.
In music, he released his first debut album My Blue Balloon , at the age of six, and later the single ” Not True ” as a duet with Noel Schajris . 9 Danna Paola was rated by Broadway as a “Latino Pride” for her incredible range and vocal ability that has surprised locals and strangers in the United States and Latin America . October November
Her first television appearance was in 1999 in the children’s television program Plaza Sésamo. Her first television performance was in the children’s soap opera Rayito de luz , where she played Lupita Lerma.
In 2001, he obtained the role as the protagonist of the children’s soap opera María Belén , where he played the namesake character. For her performance, she won the Best Children’s Performance award at the Bravo Awards and the Children’s Revelation of the Year award at the El Heraldo Awards in Mexico . Thanks to her character in the series, shot to international fame. In Brazil , a doll with the image of the actress was launched on the market. 20 That same year, Paola was discovered by Universal Music, with whom he signed a contract and recorded his first musical album, My blue balloon .
In 2002, she was invited to sing “Messenger of Peace” in a ceremony to Pope John Paul II . 2 That same year, she played Estrella in children ‘s soap opera Vivan children! and participated in the television program La Parodia and La familia P. Luche , respectively.
In 2003, she was a presenter on the children’s section of the television show, Hoy . 26 7 That same year, he starred in the musical Regina: a musical for a nation that wakes up and played the character in the teen telenovela Anie De few, few fleas .
2004-2008: Amy , Pablo and Andrea and participations
In 2004, she played Amy Granados on the television series Amy, the Girl with the Blue Backpack . Paola participated in the soundtrack of the series and participated in the tour “In Search of the Treasure, the story continues”. The series premiered on 23 as February as 2004 and was successful mainly in Mexico , United States , Spain , Peru , Romania , Israel and Brazil . That same year, she released her second music album, Ocean . That same year, he made a cameo as Amy Granados in the soap opera Alegrijes and rebujos .
In 2004, she starred in her second musical Anita la huerfanita . For her participation, she received the “Best Child Actress” awards at the Bravo and ACPT Awards . That same year, makes a special participation as Natalia Rios in the soap opera Against all odds .
In 2005, she was chosen by the producer Lucero Suárez to star in the children’s soap opera Pablo y Andrea , based on The Adventures of Tom Sawyer . For his character, received the Award TVyNovelas for Best Performance Child . That same year, he participated in the television series The privilege of sending . The 15 of August of 2006 , launched at the Teatro Metropolitan in Mexico City , their first DVD live, Danna Paola Live.
The 29 of August of 2007 , he joined the main cast of the soap opera Muchachitas like you . That same year, he recorded his first self – titled EP , which contains only five songs and shows the evolution of professional singer. The EP contains five unpublished songs among them, “It’s better”, ” Candy world “, “The first day without you”, “Give me heart” and “From here to there”.
In 2008, she participated in the first season of the aforementioned television series, La rosa de Guadalupe . 51 That same year, Bettina Aguilar played in the dramatic telenovela Querida enemy and made his debut in cinema with the film tape, Arráncame life , directed by Roberto Sneider .
2009-2012: Dare to dream and self-titled album
In 2009 she would participate in the second season of the series Mujeres Asesinas with Thalía, but it was confirmed that she would be the protagonist of the television series, Atrévete a soñar , an adaptation of the Argentine soap opera Patito feo , where she played Patricia “Patito” Peralta . The series was an international success and was broadcast primarily on the Disney Channel . Paola participated in the soundtrack and was part of Dare to dream the show . For his performance, took the award for Best Actress Youth and Best Musical Themeat the TVyNovelas Awards . That same year, his song ” candy world ” award for “Best Soap Opera Theme” was in Premios Oye! .
In September 2010, he started his promotional tour in Mexico , Caramelo Tour . That same year, she played the song “Long live children” for Televisa Monterrey and recorded the theme song “I am your faithful friend” with Aleks Syntek , for the original film Pixar , Toy Story 3 . For their performance, they received a nomination at the Oye! for Best Movie Theme .
In 2011, he recorded the song ” Muero por ti “, with the collaboration of the Mexican singer Luis Lauro, released on April 3 , 2011 . That same year, he began working on his fourth studio album, recorded in Mexico City , Los Angeles and Miami . The 1 of February of 2011 , launched the promotional single, ” Zero Gravity “, as a sign of their new studio album.
In February 2012, he presented « Ruleta », the first single from his new record production. The 5 as June as 2012 , she released her self – titled album . The album marked her transition from childhood to adolescence as a solo singer. The second single was « Everything was a show », composed by José Luis Roma, member of Río Roma . In November 2012, began its tour Tour Roulette at the National Auditorium in Mexico City, with which he toured Peru , Mexico , Panama , Colombia , the United States , Chile , Uruguay , Paraguay , Bolivia and Guatemala .
2013-2016: success in Wicked theater and Hoy I Can’t Get Up
In January 2013, he released the first single from the reissue of his self-titled album titled “It’s Not True, ” in collaboration with singer Noel Schajris . That same year, he released his second single, ” Agüita “, a single included in the reissue of his self-titled album. The single was chosen as the theme of opening of the second season of the original series of MTV Latin America , Niñas Mal . In October 2013, he participated in an episode of the third season of the series of Mexican television, as the saying goes .
In November 2013, she starred in the first Spanish version of the American musical, Wicked , based on Gregory Maguire’s novel , Wicked: Memories of a Wicked Witch . In the musical, played the role of Elphaba witch. The musical was released on October 17 , 2013 . Wicked was the work with which the inauguration of the Telcel Theater was held in Mexico City . The work was a critical and commercial success. For a character like Elphaba in Wicked , she received the awards for “Revelation Actress in International Musical” at the ACPT Awards and Héctor Azar International Theater Festival .
In March 2014, she debuted as a fashion designer and launched her own clothing line, Danna Paola, by SexyJns . In August 2014, Paola collaborated on the album Dancing Queens: A Tribute to Abba and played the theme ” Take a chance on me ” with artists like Ana Victoria , Fey , Carla Morrison , Paty Cantú and the group Belanova .
In March 2015, she lent her voice for the character of Tip, the protagonist of the animated film, Home: There is no place like home . In April 2015, he joined starring in the musical, now I can not get up , 103 104 inspired by the songs of the Spanish group Mecano .
In July 2015, he recorded with the Mexican singer Lalo Brito , in the single “While I Fall in Love”. That same year, he starred in the Telemundo soap opera , Who’s Who? , reason why he moved to Miami and Los Angeles to shoot the soap opera. 108 For her character, she was nominated for “Favorite Actress” at the Tu Mundo Awards .
In January 2016, he joined the large number of international stars representing the L’Oréal company and became the new image of the brand in Latin America . In February 2016, she was a presenter of a documentary for MTV Latin America , about the American musical group Fifth Harmony . That same year, he starred in the movie, The simplest thing is to complicate everything , recorded in Querétaro , Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita .
In March 2016, he released the promotional single “Dance Until You Drop” in collaboration with the DJ duo AtellaGali.
2017-present: return to music and Elite
In 2017, she reprized her character as María, the protagonist of the musical Hoy no me cant Lif . In April 2017, participated in the biographical series of Telemundo José José , authorized story of The Prince of Song , playing Lucero, where shares credits with Alejandro de la Madrid , Maria Fernanda Yepes and Itatí Cantoral .
In 2018, Paola moved to Spain to star in Netflix’s second original Spanish series , Elite . The series first premiered on October 5 , 2018 worldwide. On 17 October as as 2018 , it was confirmed that the series had been renewed for a second season. On September 6, 2019, the second season of Elite premiered for finally on March 13, 2020, the third season premiered. Breaking records as one of the most viewed series worldwide.
She is represented by –
‘Flower’ tattoo on her left arm
Frequently changes her hairstyle
Danna has endorsed the following brands on her social media –
Dolce & Gabbana
Danna has appeared in print and television commercials for brands like L’Oreal Paris.
Best Known For
Her acting in telenovelas and series such as María Belén (2001), Pablo y Andrea (2005), Atrévete a Soñar (2009-2010), and Élite
Releasing popular albums like Mi Globo Azul (2001), Danna Paola (2012), and Sie7e (2019)
Her performances in the theatre musical Wicked from 2013 to 2015
Danna released her first album in 2001 when she was just 6 years old. The album was titled Mi Globo Azul (My Blue Balloon) and released by Universal Music Group (Mexico). The album began Danna’s long-running association with Universal.
Danna made her theatrical film debut as Lilia Ascencio in the 2008 Mexican movie Tear This Heart Out.
First TV Show
In 2000, Danna made her TV show debut at the age of just 5 when she was cast in the telenovela Rayito de Luz (Ray of Light) as Lupita Lerma.
Danna Paola Favorite Things
Songs – Feeling Good by Michael Bublé, Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande
Music Style – Reggaeton
Pets – Dogs
Travel Destination – France
Models – Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne
Danna Paola Facts
- Danna’s parents divorced when she was very young. She was then raised by her mother and her older sister, Vania.
- Her father was a part of the 1980s Mexican band Grupo Ciclon. He guided Danna once her music career began to develop.
- Danna’s acting career started in 1999 when she participated with her sister in the auditions for Plaza Sésamo, the Mexican version of the iconic American TV show Sesame Street. After a few months, both sisters were selected and appeared in various episodes.
- Danna and the cast of the telenovela Atrévete a Soñar recorded 2 soundtracks and toured across Mexico to promote the show. The soundtracks became a commercial success across Latin America and were certified “Double Platinum” in Mexico.
- In 2010, Danna voiced the character of Rapunzel for the Spanish-language dubbing of the Disney film Tangled. She also contributed to the film’s Spanish-language soundtrack.
- While auditioning for the play Wicked, Danna auditioned for the roles of both Glinda and Elphaba. She was just 18 years old when she was eventually cast as Elphaba and made the record of being the youngest person ever to be cast in that role.
- The Mexican run of Wicked where Danna played Elphaba, sold more than 100k tickets in its first 10 weeks, making it one of the most successful theatre productions in the country’s history.
- In January 2014, Danna was cast in Saving Sara Cruz, a remake of the film, The Bodyguard. It was going to be her English-language movie debut but the production of the film never started and it was shelved soon after.
- In March 2014, Danna successfully launched her clothing line, Danna Paola by SexyJns in collaboration with the popular Mexican clothing brand, Sexy Jeans.
- In August 2014, Danna recorded a cover of the song Take A Chance On Me as a tribute to iconic Swedish pop group ABBA. The song was released as a single and debuted at number 1 on iTunes México.
- In October 2014, Danna performed the Spanish version of the song No Good Deed (from the musical Wicked) to a record sold-out crowd at the Auditorio Nacional in Mexico City for the Lunas del Auditorio award show.
- Danna recorded a duet Mientras Me Enamoras (While you love me) with popular Mexican singer, Lalo Brito in August 2015. A music video for the song was also released on Brito’s YouTube channel in September 2015.
- In January 2018, Paola was selected to play the starring role in the biopic based on the life of Mexican actress, Silva Pinal. However, she dropped out of the project as she was cast in Netflix’s series, Élite.
- In March 2016, Danna released a single titled Baila hasta caer (Dance until you fall). She recorded the song in Miami while filming for the TV Series ¿Quién es quién? (2015-2016).
- The telenovela ¿Quién es quién? was her first television project outside of the Mexican production giant Televisa and her first telenovela in 5 years.
- To promote her 2018 film Lo Más Sencillo Es Complicarlo Todo, Danna recorded a single titled ¿Dónde estabas tú? (Where were you?) in November 2017.
- Danna hosted the 2011 edition of Nickelodeon Mexico Kids’ Choice Awards.